President of the Management Board
Member of the Supervisory Board
- After completing his education, he sailed as a captain of a long voyage on commercial vessels,
- From 1980 to 1990 port pilot (head of the pilot service)
- He has been managing the business of the Port of Ploče since 1990, from the transformation from a socially-owned company to a joint-stock company; he is the only member of the board.
- From 2012 to 01.02.2019. President of the Management Board of the Port of Ploče d.d.
- Minister of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Communications in the Government of the Republic of Croatia (1999 to 2000)
- Member of the Scientific Council for Transport at the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Member of the Government Working Group for the chapter Transport Policy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European integration for the negotiations on the accession of the Republic of Croatia to the EU
- From 2003 to 2007, external member of the Parliamentary Committee for the Economy
- 2015. Member of the Executive Board of the Croatian Employers' Association
- 2019 winner of the decoration from the Order of the Croatian Trefoil for special merits for the Republic of Croatia acquired in the Homeland War and in direct war danger
Member of the Management Board
His career path started with successfully obtaining the title of Bachelor in Marketing and Management at the Gdansk Higher School of Humanities, Poland in 2001. Just a few years later, he finished his education at the University of Gdansk by becoming a Master in Economics (Shipping Trade) in the year 2003.
He was very quickly recognized amongst peers as a creative expert and industry leader who developed his career from an agent through broker, manager, up to a department director managing a team of 40.
In the period from 2003 to 2017 he operated on several different functions at the Maritime Agency Gdynia in Poland. During that time he achieved a lot of success that was crucial for growth and development of the Agency. He started his path there as a Chartering Manager but only a few years later became the Manager of Agency Department and made huge developments in raising profit, restructuring company's offices and identified and successfully followed up new business development opportunities.
In 2006 he started working as the Director of Chartering and Agency Department where he was the main responsible person for profit, operations and logistics. He generated annual average sales of $25M, developed chartering and logistic activities of various trade routes, established and maintained a global network within steel cargoes, fertilizers, grain, aggregates, project cargo, break bulk, ro-ro cargoes, commodities and counterparts in the mining, agriculture etc.
In the year 2017 he began his work as the Senior Charterer and Logistics Manager at EASTLIFT DMCC, Dubai. There he had a crucial role of fostering and nurturing links between traders, brokers, ship-owners, suppliers and agents, analysing and reporting on transport and cargo market while developing and embedding charter frameworks and identified, promoted awareness of and mitigated risks on freight deals.
In June 2018 he was appointed member of the Management Board of Luka Rijeka d.d.
Dr. sc. Alen Jugović
Associate professor, President of the Supervisory Board
Graduated in 1999 at the Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka and became B.Sc. in Technology maritime traffic. At the Faculty of Economics in 2008 defended his doctoral degree and received his doctor's degree in social sciences, field of economy.
He completed his professional master's Economics for Sustainable Transportation Development in the Virtual University of the Adriatic-Ionian Basin, Trieste-Italy. He works at the Faculty of Maritime Studies, University of Rijeka as an associate professor and is currently the Dean of the Faculty. He has participated in over seventy professional and five scientific projects related to the organization, logistics operations, concession, economic exploitation and management of maritime organizations (ports and shipping companies).
The most important his research projects are: National Development Plan ports of county and local importance in Croatia, Master plan of ports open to public traffic from the county and local interest in Primorje-Gorski Kotar County, Sustainable Development Strategy of Cruising Tourism in Croatia, Ten Year Development Plan Croatian port system and many others. He was engaged and the three European project, of which the one was the leader of the European project "Developing of Motorways of the Sea system and Adriatic region-AdriaticMoS". He has published about 60 scientific papers in the field of economics, logistics, traffic and transport, ports and shipping, and participated in a number of national and international conferences and meetings. He is coauthor or author of three university books entitled "The management of sea passenger port", "Management in shipping and ports" and “Management of sea ports”.